Monday, November 12, 2012

Learning Objectives!


For discussions to accomplish something valuable, they must have a purpose. While preparing my powerpoint for my fieldwork class, I asked my self: What are my goals for this discussion? How do the ideas and information to be discussed fit into the course as a whole? What skills, knowledge, perspectives, or sensibilities do I want students to walk away from the discussion with? 

My discussion was based around the theme of narratives, and how contemporary photographers are creating their own open ended narratives in their works. I planned a powerpoint presentation that would set them up to analyze contemporary photographer's work. It began with building their vocabulary and ended with a discussion.. more to follow on how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment