Thursday, September 1, 2011

Artist Statement and Work


Relatable. Recognizable. Identifiable. I think of myself as a growing artist who is inspired by the ordinary. I enjoy finding new appreciation for everyday items and tasks. I like to make viewers rethink mundane objects, places, and errands. I do this by portraying them in color balanced compositions. For me this is done through a variety of mediums such as painting, photography, sculpture, and ceramics. I want my work to make viewers expand upon their feelings and gain inspiration. Because, I think that finding inspiration from the mundane, is sublime.



Untitled, photo, 8 1/2" x 11"

Untitled, photo, 13" x 19"

Untitled, photo, 13" x 19"

Untitled, photo, 17" x 22"

Bus Stop, photo, 13" x 19"

Coffee Break, photo, 8 1/2" x 11"

Eggs and a Duck, ceramic casts, 12" x 4" x 3"

Still Life, oil painting, 20" x 24"

Surveillance Still, acrylic painting, 24" x 30"

Camera Case, wooden sculpture, 11" x 8" x 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment